The Youth and Tennis Program is a non-profit organization that operates due to the generosity of many supporters. Our program has successfully taken our youths off the streets of the community and into a program that nurtures, supports and develops them as young adults through the sport of tennis. We are always seeking additional support from donors to maintain and expand our program.
YTA Statement of Need…
The Youth and Tennis Academy has a unique program, “The Early Exposure Program”, which targets the youth in our community to ensure that they are placed on an early path to success. Our program takes a comprehensive approach to the sport of tennis and youth development. The main goals of our program are to:
- Identify and further develop students who demonstrate a talent for tennis. Each child is placed in the proper track suitable to their talent.
- Continue to reinforce the skills learned in tennis as transferable to academics and life.
- Develop the general athletic ability of our youth that will keep them physically fit in a fun and engaging way.
- Develop balance and hand-eye coordination.
- Reinforce motivation.
- Develop the ability to concentrate and focus on the task at hand.
- Reinforce a competitive spirit.
- Develop problem solving skills.
- Develop ability to follow instructions.
- Foster team work and team play.
Donations supporting our program will allow us…
Maintain our on-going programs:
Early Exposure to Tennis in School Program –Due to budget cuts this program replaces the Gym Program during normal school hours.
Early Exposure to Tennis Weekend Program–Runs for 40 Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Your donations allow us to expand our program by adding more youths to the program. The demographics of our community suggest that there is a strong need for programs like ours that serve to identify and develop hidden athletic talent and reinforce valuable life skills.
Youth and Tennis has partnered with 14 public schools in the community targeting kids from the age of 5 thru 7 who have shown innate skills for tennis. Youth and Tennis Academy’s alliance with the school system, demonstrates the positive effects of sports in youth development. Some of the notable skills that principals from our schools have reported about students involved in our program are:
- Higher self-esteem
- Confidence not just on the court but within the class rooms
- Respect for themselves and others
- A sense of self-worth and the ability to achieve
- Ability to be a team player.
Please select a donation level. Your support is greatly appreciated in impacting the lives of our students and their community.